Chat

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Chat

Postby Terabrion » 17 November 2015, 19:52

DoomWrath wrote:On another note, people who are here but not playing the game at all honestly have no place to be here. The chat/forums are the extras to enhance the game - the game is not a little bonus to the forums/chat.

Nice shot right there to some of us who stick to this game, even if it is only into map making.
Spoiler: Show More
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby Venemous » 17 November 2015, 19:54

Not saying the current discussion isn't productive (as heated as it is), but we DO need to talk about how the PB2.5 chat will be different/improved from the current one, because everyone here agrees that it had serious problems.

Did Eric ever fill you guys in on plans for the new chat?
MAPMAKER'S TOOLKIT v1.3
Last update: August 27 2018

http://www.plazmaburst2.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=21832
Venemous
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby critifyblaster » 17 November 2015, 19:56

Terabrion wrote:
DoomWrath wrote:On another note, people who are here but not playing the game at all honestly have no place to be here. The chat/forums are the extras to enhance the game - the game is not a little bonus to the forums/chat.

Nice shot right there to some of us who stick to this game, even if it is only into map making.

Good job Doomwrath, lets see how many active users on forums and other parts of the site are active in game, im sure some people who are active here might not even play the game.

But hey, always welcome to insult certain users right? Get a grip.
critifyblaster
Recruit

Postby Fiery_Blade » 17 November 2015, 20:10

Venemous wrote:Not saying the current discussion isn't productive (as heated as it is), but we DO need to talk about how the PB2.5 chat will be different/improved from the current one, because everyone here agrees that it had serious problems.

Did Eric ever fill you guys in on plans for the new chat?

He hasn't said a thing about the pb2.5 website, sadly.

Fiery_Blade

Postby Alica » 17 November 2015, 20:16

critifyblaster wrote:Yes, I'll point my finger at you, yes I'll blame you, why? Because you are to blame for your own incompetence to handle all the user drama you get from them. You simply dont have what it takes to moderate a chat. You don't even have the proper motivation, thats exactly why the chat was removed, not because the users were getting out of hand.

Remember, the chat hasn't been moderated just by one staff member . (Well, sometimes it was but that's the 'Staff have lifes' thing and timezones stuff and i don't really want to warm that up once again.)

But you probably don't know anything about that since i've barely seen you active on the chatroom at it's lifetimes and while all that mess happened there.
Unless you've actually been banned and you've been using an alternative account to evade the ban and to access the chat, which would strengthen the ''users got out of hand point'' . But i believe you weren't banned.
So,
It indeed got out of hand because of the users.
Unless, the underlined phrases are lies.

It also wasn't just my decision to take the chat down because of this, i even wanted to keep it up because i actually had fun to talk and help people there.
It's also sad to see that you did trudge in here without any proper facts about the chat removement.

Basically, your attempt to blame me for all that is a fail, as well as your pointless post.
(Yes, i take that personally. [context please])
Alica
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby KARL SERG » 17 November 2015, 20:21

I don't get why this Topic is still up. I thought the People understood that the Chat will not be here for the following Months (at least) and they can't do much to change this Decision.

This is not a (full) "Democracy", in case you haven't realised yet. I understand why you want the Chat back, but you should accept the Idea that your will is NOT the Staff's job all the Time. Demand and Offer are eclipsed by Analysed Conventions in this case.
KARL SERG
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby critifyblaster » 17 November 2015, 20:25

I dont really care if you deny what i say, or if you take it personally, my point stands, your denial doesnt make any difference to my statements. Have a pleasant day.

Oh and when i say you, i mean all of you, staff. So calm yourself and stop getting your undies in a bunch. Im saying all of you staff are incompetent.
critifyblaster
Recruit

Postby Alica » 17 November 2015, 20:27

I think some of you didn't read this:
DoomWrath wrote:Seems overall that people are being angry about a privilege being removed. You have to remember, the chat was a privilege not a right. It was added to allow people to discuss the game, more easily plan custom matches, etc, not as a spam ground or community hub. That's what a forum is for - longer, more thoughtful discussions.

Alica wrote:Everybody here shares a part of the responsibility for what happened in the chat and what the users have done there.

Please keep that in mind and think about it before starting to write a reply here.
Alica

Postby xChakra » 17 November 2015, 23:06

Alica wrote:
critifyblaster wrote:-Text-

I see, someone is pointing fingers again. As always at the staff team.

If you carefully read the announcement about the chat removement once again, you will, probably find out why it got removed. Because it lost it's purpose AND because of the lack of security. You probably don't know anything about the last point.
Unsure if you even know about the ban evasion stuff and all the other things which happened all the other months before.

Also:
Everybody here shares a part of the responsibility (of course the staff do the most because the team has to enforce the rules etc.) for what happened in the chat and what the users have done there..

Pointing fingers? On God, theres was a slight decrease in drama, and I was pretty active on chat the two weeks before it was removed, I don't know what you're talking about. Hey, did WE remove chat? Nope. So who are we going to "point fingers at."
Lack of security?
Come on.
This chat has been there and the way its been for 2-3 years, are you kidding me.
But wait...
Why wasn't this addressed early on? It is your job to keep community informed.
We share a responsibility in this? The fk did I do, I associate myself only with the people I find sensible and worth talking to. If anything, it is a fault of staff for removing something which everyone says.
THERE WAS NO MAJOR INCLINE OF DRAMA.
Too many bans?
Pffffft. Some of the staff are banhappy anyways, doubt they have a problem, and whats wrong with banning people with the issue? Problem solved right?
Security issues? Should've made this a bigger deal, now everyones got the "wrong" idea about this.
Who should we point fingers at???
[sarcasm] Yeah... Sure[/sarcasm]
xChakra

Postby Silent Aurora » 18 November 2015, 11:20

Security issues, as in ban evasion. Anyone can use tor to make an account and then cause more trouble. This was significant because it happened 8/10 times when people were banned, expecially after the leakage and people started to post horse por and other inappropriate things. Due to pb2 emails blacklisyed, ban evasion is easy hence why chat security is low.
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Alica » 18 November 2015, 12:17

This whole mess is turning into a hate-topic where everyone is posting her/his pointless complains about the chat removement even if those people don't know anything about the actual topic or the reasons for the removement etc.
You can continue posting your junk here but be sure that i will remove everyones right to post a reply here if so.

----------------------------------
To, what Chakra wrote: Since the chat was a PRIVILEGE for YOU to communicate to each other, EVERY single person here shares the responsibility of what happened there. And why? Because it was a PRIVILEGE for ALL of YOU. You people did abuse it constantly, we did remove it.
Freaking deal with it. This is what happens if you don't listen.

Oh, and you didn't do anything Chakra?
Don't make me post some screenshots which will prove the opposite.
----------------------------------

Sorry if this is sounding rough, but from time to time this joke of a discussing topic is becoming more and more silly.
Alica

Postby Lord Blue Blood » 18 November 2015, 12:53

Silent Aurora wrote:Security issues, as in ban evasion. Anyone can use tor to make an account and then cause more trouble. This was significant because it happened 8/10 times when people were banned, expecially after the leakage and people started to post horse por and other inappropriate things. Due to pb2 emails blacklisyed, ban evasion is easy hence why chat security is low.

If you think about it, the leakage was the staff's fault in the first place, i am not saying what sks did was a good thing but the staff are still 50% responsible for his actions which supports the idea that staff were not completely able to moderate the community.
Alica wrote:I see, someone is pointing fingers again. As always at the staff team.

I think everyone has the right to point their fingers at whoever they want. And i not only think its a right but an obligation to point your finger to someone who did something WRONG and tell him to "Correct" it.
And what Doom said about chat not being a right and only made as a privilege, well thats exactly right but don't expect people to be happy about their privilege being removed, and not expect them to want it back and critisize you for removing it. Yes you have the right to remove it whenever you want but that doesn't mean that there were no reasons for you to remove it either like not being able to moderate it, but thats just a thought.
@Alica
You said the chat wasn't a RIGHT and it was a PRIVILEGE thats why you (the staff) have the RIGHT to remove it but now you are saying that you will remove the RIGHT for people to post in here, that just contradicts itself.
"You people did abuse it constantly, we did remove it.
Freaking deal with it. This is what happens if you don't listen."
From where should i start? oh well, when you state that "you people abuse it constantly" that statement is Wrong, not my opinion, not because i said so (as you staff say) but because of the FACT that not every member of the "You people" Abused it or even used it.
Also stating the TRUTH as it is and not the way i want it to be is a very different action from "Complaining" and again that is not my opinion but the Truth.
And when you say "This whole mess is turning into a hate-topic where everyone is posting her/his pointless complains about the chat removement"
First of all, pointing how you did wrong about something is not being hateful to you but being realistic, you should grow up, accept the fact that there is a possibility of you being WRONG and then i might even consider what you say.
And lets assume what we are doing is complaining, which is our opinion, you are calling it pointless, How then do you expect us to Respect your views if you dont respect ours.
"You can continue posting your junk here but be sure that i will remove everyones right to post a reply here if so."
A right is not a right if you can remove it so, everything in this whole game is a privilege, i dont think people will like the way you operate but of course you will claim that you dont care but in reality, if people dont like this game they will leave it, which will result in a decrease of the amount of money that eric or whoever gets.
removing this post will only improve my points so go ahead, do it.
Also about the "Deal with it", i have the right not to do so, you arent the author of what is right and wrong, this is the internet, nobody has power over anything here.
Lord Blue Blood
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby The Demian » 18 November 2015, 15:44

http://prntscr.com/945l7u No one ever bothered to check this? Tor accounts are now blocked from login on the site

i c u
The Demian
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby DoomWrath » 18 November 2015, 16:58

The Demian wrote:http://prntscr.com/945l7u No one ever bothered to check this? Tor accounts are now blocked from login on the site

http://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=turbo1111
http://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=turbo2222
http://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=gun122
http://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=turbo3333
http://plazmaburst2.com/?a=&s=7&ac=turbo444

^ These accounts were created yesterday using Tor browser. I rest my case.

=========================

Seems this topic has become a bashing of people over particular language used. I'd like people to focus on the facts here and not their emotions please. I don't want to shut down the topic since it's clear you all want to debate the matter, but please do so in a mature manner.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

Postby xChakra » 18 November 2015, 17:06

LBB is right, completely.
xChakra

Postby Silent Aurora » 18 November 2015, 17:44

Lord Blue Blood wrote:
DoomWrath wrote:Seems this topic has become a bashing of people over particular language used. I'd like people to focus on the facts here and not their emotions please. I don't want to shut down the topic since it's clear you all want to debate the matter, but please do so in a mature manner.

sry

Avoid 1 word posting, next time add more detail
Silent Aurora
Silent Aurora
Heavy Marine [900]

Postby Green eyed Demon » 18 November 2015, 21:45

I wonder how many people did you insult with that,probably most of them on the forums

Green eyed Demon

Postby Terabrion » 18 November 2015, 21:52

DoomWrath wrote:Seems this topic has become a bashing of people over particular language used. I'd like people to focus on the facts here and not their emotions please. I don't want to shut down the topic since it's clear you all want to debate the matter, but please do so in a mature manner.

This is so fuking ironic...
I hope you realise some of us try to help in some way.
#Smfhmf
Scissorhands
Another step in an unknown direction
How can I be sure, oh how can I be sure?
Days go by, it seems to grow (it seems to grow)
It feels still right where I am
I can't see you anymore, feel you anymore
These voices are pushing me
They want me to fail (they want me to fail)
I am falling
Nothing to lose, nothing to win
How could I be sure?
Why so sure, why so sure?
Terabrion
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby xChakra » 18 November 2015, 22:38

To be honest, I agree with DoomWrath.
People like Protagonist, have never actually actively played multiplayer at any point in their pb2 career.
Yet were/are some of the most active people here.
I disagree if you also meant people who used to play, but still visit, I don't really play this anymore, but I feel I have freedom just because I'm a Veteran player and have achieved alot in this game.
I'm a Legend c:
xChakra

Postby DoomWrath » 19 November 2015, 01:33

I understand why people are angry. But if you're not here for the game, you don't really have a place to moan and complain about what the staff team decide to do with added extras to the game that you are dependant on.

If you're playing the game at all, developing maps, contributing *something*, then that doesn't apply to you.

If you don't even use the main site functions (game/LE/etc) and are only here to cause a stir and complain about the current state of the community, maybe it's time to move on. Sorry if you find that somehow offensive.
DoomWrath
Usurpation Destroyer [350]

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion