Removing SB

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

Re: Removing SB

Postby Player_PB2 » 15 February 2018, 11:17

wait, wait, removing selfboost?! i guess the selfboost trail for PB 2.5 is canceled then.......
the second thing i wanna say is, if selfboost is removed, then how do you finish level 36 (maybe) without selfboost?
i mean, the hint says it all "you know that swords can make you jump higher?" (something like that)
third, selfboost maps are useless now......
make a memorial for selfboost
2020 and still laughing at a gray box ██ <---- funniest crap i have ever seen
Player_PB2
Civil Security Lite [100]

Postby saw- » 15 February 2018, 12:34

The selfboost is not removed for god"s sake! It's just reworked a bit. And seems easier and more controlable now.

saw-

Postby lee06400 » 17 February 2018, 00:56

The selfboost feels a bit different but still managable, the shots however are even less likely to do damages, thanks a lot !!! : ))
[Insert a generic pseudo-philosophical quote here]
lee06400
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Postby Player_PB2 » 17 February 2018, 01:59

saw- wrote:The selfboost is not removed for god"s sake! It's just reworked a bit. And seems easier and more controlable now.

heh..... i see, because some say it's removed, some say it's not removed, i got confused :P
2020 and still laughing at a gray box ██ <---- funniest crap i have ever seen
Player_PB2

Postby Tempus » 17 February 2018, 03:43

Player_PB2 wrote:
saw- wrote:The selfboost is not removed for god"s sake! It's just reworked a bit. And seems easier and more controlable now.

heh..... i see, because some say it's removed, some say it's not removed, i got confused :P

yeah I thought so when I read your reply.

It's not removed, just re-worked a bit to improve synchronization. Which it has.
Tempus
Advisor

Postby lrv » 18 February 2018, 19:21

Player_PB2 wrote:wait, wait, removing selfboost?! i guess the selfboost trail for PB 2.5 is canceled then.......
the second thing i wanna say is, if selfboost is removed, then how do you finish level 36 (maybe) without selfboost?
i mean, the hint says it all "you know that swords can make you jump higher?" (something like that)
third, selfboost maps are useless now......
make a memorial for selfboost

If you jump and then select sword and then hit the air with them it bosst you.
lrv
Falkok [250]

Postby Kostadin 8 » 20 February 2018, 19:53

Resurrectionn wrote:A main part of the game is the movement and mobility, without speed and selfboosting the game feels sluggish. It reduces the skill gap which is bad and to be honest makes the game less fun.

if you think selfboosting to the skybox is skill, then your logic is greatly flawed.

Imo, selfboosting was never intended to be in the game. nor is it skill-based in any way.
Kostadin 8
Civil Security Ghost [400]

Postby AI Robot » 20 February 2018, 20:07

They just need to remove it overall, It is probably a bug that never got patched, even with the reworking of it. I think it still should be removed, as newer individuals do not know how to preform it.
Spoiler: Show More
You thought you were going to see something here?
AI Robot

Postby Sniper J » 23 February 2018, 19:21

AI Robot wrote:They just need to remove it overall, It is probably a bug that never got patched, even with the reworking of it. I think it still should be removed, as newer individuals do not know how to preform it.

Why bring people who have been doing it for years, down to the level of a new player who knows nothing about the game? It's the equivalent of letting a team of disabled children beat Real Madrid in a game of football.

Sniper J
Advanced Usurpation Soldier [150]

Postby lostmydollar » 23 February 2018, 19:58

Sniper J wrote:
AI Robot wrote:They just need to remove it overall, It is probably a bug that never got patched, even with the reworking of it. I think it still should be removed, as newer individuals do not know how to preform it.

Why bring people who have been doing it for years, down to the level of a new player who knows nothing about the game? It's the equivalent of letting a team of disabled children beat Real Madrid in a game of football.

You don't need selfboost to be better than newbies. Or do you?
lostmydollar
Falkok [250]

Postby AI Robot » 23 February 2018, 21:01

Sniper J wrote:

Do you really consider having an advantage "skill", It's not skill to have an advantage over your enemies that isnt even taught to that many new players.
Also, it was never intended to be in pb2.
Spoiler: Show More
You thought you were going to see something here?
AI Robot

Postby Hikarikaze » 24 February 2018, 00:44

AI Robot wrote:Do you really consider having an advantage "skill", It's not skill to have an advantage over your enemies that isnt even taught to that many new players.
Also, it was never intended to be in pb2.

It wasn't intended but it was kept anyways so now it's intended to stay. Selfboosting's one of those things whose learning curve became more linear to make it more easier and accessible to do. It's not an advantage to perform selfboosting if anyone can do it but it's an advantage if it's used effectively as a method of mobility, which in itself is a skill

Selfboosting should be taught the same way wall-jumping is taught at an early stage. A lot of maps are designed to accommodate selfboosting. It's simple and less time consuming to take it out but nobody wants to change all of those maps that were designed to keep the ability in mind.
Hikarikaze
Noir Lime [600]

Postby HerdenN » 28 February 2018, 11:40

For me the really sad part is certain SB maps are almost unplayable now. Not a big advantage in approved but still liked it a lot.
HerdenN - Now on the independant scene
HerdenN
Recruit

Postby ECC9 » 2 March 2018, 20:53

It was a really bad idea because everyone uses and love selfboost. I hope Eric Gurt will put it back.
Discord: ECC9#6057

ECC9
Civil Security Boss [500]

Postby TerminatorRex » 5 March 2018, 00:00

you are fake news             
artstation.com/seedee
TerminatorRex
Usurpation Soldier [50]

Previous

Return to General Discussion