I Need help! (Variables)

General Discussion related to the Plazma Burst game series!

I Need help! (Variables)

Postby pixelbyte » 18 January 2017, 05:23

So I've been testing variables and made it easier for other to understand it, but I stopped at Division. I can't Understand what the others mean, like sin or stuff like that.
http://plazmaburst2.com/?s=9&a=&m=pixel ... &id=792704
Can anyone help me find out what it means? I want to finish the map so others can actively use it for their maps also!
Ones with a red line/dot are ones ik how to change already

pixelbyte

Re: I Need help! (Variables)

Postby Marxe » 18 January 2017, 07:46

When you hit player's head he takes a lot more damage than if you hit his legs or torso. So if you decide to use the first damaging trigger (head) and set the damage to 150 hit points (if the players has 150 hit points) he will die. But if you set the same damage for legs the player can surive.

That's just a theory. I haven't had a chance to test new triggers out. Sorry if in the end you find out that I was disinforming you.
Marxe
Recruit

Postby mrblake213 » 18 January 2017, 08:48

[center] [/center]
mrblake213
Proxy [700]

Postby kaser » 18 January 2017, 11:32

The player damaging triggers are for breaking character body and limps. Like if you done much of damage on the head for example, it will explode.

As for the others, it's for checking whether the statement is true or wrong. For example, if you want to know whether the game is on multiplayer or singleplayer, the variable you put will be set to 1 if it was multiplayer match, and if it was in else case which is singleplayer, then the variable would set to 0.

One if the uses I believe for this trigger is making Anti-SP system. If you made two triggers with both having execution only if variable A equals value B and both being activated in the same time, where B is 1 in the first trigger and 0 in the second, the trigger with 1 will only work in multiplayer, while the second one will only work in singleplayer.

kaser
Recruit

Postby pixelbyte » 19 January 2017, 02:05

Thanks kaser, and Marxe. i didnt notice dark made a topic so ill look at that and add whatever i can understand from that into my map.

pixelbyte

Return to General Discussion